The love that I know of.....

I used to think 

Love had its highs n lows

For sometime it flows

Then it ebbs and goes.

I used to think love was full of throes 

Of frenzy and passion

Tears were soo.. in fashion.

I used to think love was a show 

To put on a performance 

To be praised and adulated,

all the while losing my self 

Becoming a person that 

Love felt relevant at that time.

I used to think love could be one-sided

Unrequited yet fulfilling

Quiet yet momentous 

Even if unreturned 

I felt love had a purpose


Now I feel love is nothing like that

It flows but never ebbs

The efforts feel effortless 

There is no show and no pomp

It's bland and monotonous 

Yet momentous and tenacious

Love is showing up as yourself 

Battleworn and scarred. 

Minus the pretenses, here I am

Love is acceptance sans reserve 

We tell each other about our scars

Maybe we might not heal

But need not give up hope

we gotta go very very

far.....

Love is maybe showing each other the parts

We find loving ourselves too hard...


Comments

  1. Beautifully written....Love
    Love is choosing one over yourself
    Love is happiness in existence
    Love is beautiful beyond the scope of eyes
    Love is facing your worst to be better for other
    Love makes us fly, makes us dive deep in our soul, swim through our insecurities, forces us to show up as ourselves and holds tight with complete acceptance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is unconfined and ubiquitous. To quote the Bard of Avon “Let me not to the marriage of true minds
    Admit impediments; love is not love
    Which alters when it alteration finds,
    Or bends with the remover to remove.
    O no, it is an ever-fixèd mark
    That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
    It is the star to every wand'ring bark
    Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
    Love's not time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks
    Within his bending sickle's compass come.
    Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks,
    But bears it out even to the edge of doom:
    If this be error and upon me proved,
    I never writ, nor no man ever loved.”
    In Hindi/Urdu there are 3 terms - Pyaar, Mohabbat and Ishq. Albeit they sound pretty similar, there’s a big difference in each of them. We’ll discuss it offline when we speak next, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Buddy this totally went over my head 😭😭😭

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My cup of coffee

Masterclass....

What a waste of time!!!!